• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have the Trout Unlmited Colorado pontoon... It's strengths are it's weaknesses. On the water, you can go anywhere... It's fairly easy to manuever. It's fun to fish with... UNTIL you get out on open water on a windy day. Never leave shore without your anchor (a mesh bag that you put rocks into to weigh you down). It's not super light weight... I wouln't want to have to drag it into a remote lake or river very far. Don't try to free lures stuck on weeds by pulling on the line... go get it, otherwise you'll put a hole in a 'toon with a flying hook. I would definately recomend one for fairly calm medium sized rivers, small rivers... wade, large or fast rivers would scare me a bit, Lakes... go with a canoe or Kayak.

I was also thinking about buying one and talked to one of the guys at the fly fishing counter at Cabelas and he told me there is no way I could tip one of those over as long as your using it correctly. I asked him about using it on the river near here. He said he's been down the mississippi and he thinks it'll be fine. Maybe he's just trying to sell me one but I'd still like to buy one but not if they won't work on the mississippi.

Untipable, I don't know about that?? They are very stable and quite comfortable. As with alot of things, if common sense is used, alot of problems can be avoided. Try to find someone who will let you try theirs, let me know. Good luck! smile.gif