• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wow! It was very hairy this weekend. I think the ice fishing season has come to a close for Waubay. You might be able to walk on, but even that will be hairy after all this rain. I was out on Saturday for ten hours, we tried five spots and had seven perch and a couple little eyes. There were some big holes opening up and the first 10-15 inches of ice was crystalized. We left the ice before dark because the fog from the warm rain was crazy and couldn't see very good getting off. I would use extreme caution if going out. I will have to hit Waubay next December.

Avid

hey Avid i went out of Grenville on saturday and came back to the access in the fog caught a couple of perch and that was it, the fog was terrible me and buddy followed another group back to access my dad and brother lost their way took them another 10 minutes to get back were you in that group of guys from st cloud and mankato

no we went out of grenville and fished our (Contact Us Please) off for a few jumbos did good the day before up on cattail though, how was it by school bus, talked to some people by grenville that went out of school bus and said is got pretty hairy going by the heave amd some trees, well im looking forward to the open water season out there keep in touch i live in hamburg and am always looking to go to SD for some excellence fishing.

We caught seven perch but they weren't jumbos. We saw the people that crossed the heave by the trees. I bet that was a little crazy. I live in Brownton and work in Glencoe. I love fishing SD. I think I am heading out in June to the Webster area. It should be fun.

Avid

well ill keep in touch with you i will probably get out there a couple times in april/may then in june and july a bunch hopefully for sure i know my dad and buddies will be out there first week in june putting the smack on the fish like they do every year that week.