• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

These frustrating conditions!!!

ARGHH!!!!
All this melting and only 1-3 inches max coming this next few days!!
Is anyone else as frustrated as me!?!?!?Deteriorating Ice conditions, All the snowmobilers buzzin around the lake because they can't use closed trails! Although, I will admit I am a snowmobiler, I try to stay away from the fisherman and keep my rides short enough so that I am not too annoying. Am I a magnet for other insane snowmobilers? Whether I am on my sled or fishin they always seem to find me! ARGH!!! its all so frustrating and I don't really blame them because of the lack of snow. But, come on does the machine have to run non-stop in one area all day? And all the tourneys are havin problems. This winter truly sucks. Why can't we have a normal year every 5 years or so... Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the past 3 years have been below average.
Just thought I would voice my frustrations with this winter!
-Mr Fisherman

P.S.
I usually don't complain this much... but the frustration set in on the ice this morning.

Hey MrF
Where wery you fishing this morning? We fished Prior Lake without any luck. Anyway, thought I would let you know that there is 16" of ice on Mille Lacs and people are driving all over. Haven't been there myself yet. Thinking about heading up next week some time.

mike

JacobM,
I was out on minnetonka yesterday, it was hit and miss, really iffy. Ya, Mille Lacs was great fishin on the week of Jan. 1 we really got on the walleyes. Lots of 'em not as many to keep but still a heck of a lot of fun! Use your electronics they are the ticket. If you are not comfortable w/ the area try a guide, they work wonders
Polarbear,
Its hard to have long term memory when you have crappy winters like this. I stand corrected, but I swear I heard somethin on kare11 that last year was just shy of average... maybe it was record... I don't know selective hearing I guess. Thanx for correcting me.
fishinphyl,
ya that'll all come to soon. it'll either be that or 150 degrees w/ 100% humidity with no water in any of the lakes.
-Mr Fish

Look at it this way - pretty soon you will be sitting out in the boat freezing because it is so cold in June, being eaten to death by mosquitos, fighting for a place to dock your boat and you will be harrassed by Jet Skis - now those I really hate!!!! grin.gif

------------------
Phyl