• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So ya wanna be a bird photographer?

Steve Foss

It's not often I recommend a photography book. Just once in awhile.

But I have to wholeheartedly tell you that "The Art of Bird Photography" by Arthur Morris is truly a winner.

It covers everthing from equipment to technique to exposure to composition, all specifically dealing with avian photography. The images alone are worth the money (from $20 to $30 softcover), and each image is accompanied by full settings and explanations.

I've just gotten through the book for the second time, and it's funny how I missed some key things first time through. Especially important are his extensive comments/examples on exposure and metering.

While he wrote this during the end of the film-only days, everything but his section on film selection and handling remain current, because the basic and complicated concepts of photography hold true whether it's film or digital.

Good reading and good shooting, everyone. grin.gif

Steve I think it is funny that you should bring up Arthur Morris because I just marked his HSOforum. I told myself if I win the lottery that I was going on a photo shoot with him to Iceland or Alaska. The best that I can do for now is get his book grin.gif