• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kayak advice

I am looking for a kayak to use for fishing only. I have never owned one, but I rented one up in Lake of the Woods and I got addicted to it. I thought it was funner than fishing out of a boat. It was very peaceful and I could enjoy nature better than ever before. I don't want to spend more than $600, and I would like something around 12-15 feet. Any advice would help. Thanks.

Good afternoon. I have two Pungo 140's. I use them mostly for fishing. I also have a 18 foot fishing boat and prefer the kayak's. I got these two for half price, they are blemished models - there are a couple of nickel size spots in the paint that didn't turn out correctly and the finish on the inside had a couple of bubbles. Structurally they are solid and track very well. The Pungo's have a big cockpit to lay stuff around and get in and out of easily for a big guy like myself 6-4 260 lbs. If you are just starting out the blemished models can get you in a boat for less money and see what you like - just my thoughts - I'm very happy with my kayaks.