• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

electrical question not sure whats going on

Hey FMers, I need some help. I have an 03 Yamaha Kodiak 450. Last weekend I was out bushwhacking in the snow storm and at one point the electric start went out. LED panel down too. I simply pulled the start cord and back on my way I went thinking nothing more of what happened.

Now this week after another 12 inches, I went out to plow. The wench is not working AT ALL. In addition, while in reverse, the wheeler spits, spurts and spatters. Its like it is in engine limiting gear or something. Here is the wierd part. As I said the wench is not working but when I push either the up or down button on the wench, the reverse works just fine while the button is being pushed. Let off the wench button, she goes into spit sputter won't go mode.

Everything is fine with forward drive.

Just no wench and no reverse unless the wench button is being pushed.

So, before I take it in to the dealer and get a who knows how much bill, I thought I'd beg for opinions here first.

You've probably taken your atv to the dealer by now but just in case...it sounds like you've got some loose connections on your winch solenoid. It may be that they've worked loose and may be touching other connections and/or combined with the moisture you were riding in, caused circuits to cross. I've had similar trouble with mine in the past. Hope this helps.