• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am a newbie, and this is my first post. A few years ago we fished in upper Oahe out of Pollack, and loved it. Then the water level started down until the launch sites were high and dry and going faster than a fast troll could cost you a prop (I know!). We stopped a couple of years ago but I really miss it. I think that West Pollack Resort went under, at least for fishing, so we are interested in other areas down from there where the conditions might be a little better, where lodging is available (like house trailers were in Pollack, if possible) and good fishing is guaranteed! Ok, the last one is negotiable. Any contacts that we could make with resorts in Oahe or even Sharp would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

If you are interested in fishing a different area along the Missouri River basin, I would look into fishing Lake Francis Case in Chamberlain, SD. The fishing is great there and the water levels are not nearly as bad as Oahe may be. Anytime from April through mid July, the fishng is usually great for walleye fishing. The nicest resort in that area if Cedar Shore Resort. It is a motel, but very nice with boat marina also. There are also a few cabins for rent in that area that the "Oasis Inn" own. They are kind of spendy, but nice. There are also a lot of motels in that area that are very reasonalbe price wise. It is a great area for fishing and scenery. You should really look into it.

We have been fishing the Little Bend area the last few years in mid June. Been staying at the West Prairie Resort campground, trailers, and motel units. Terry Nelson is a good guy and will steer you in the right direction. We are going agin this year. www.westprairiersort.com

In mid June the eyes can be in 6 to 22fow. Mornings are better. Use a 1/2 crawler no blades on a botom bouncer.

Good luck The Worm Dunker

Thank you very much for your responses. I have looked into two of them already and I suspect that we will be back to the old Mo again. I have a place on the Mississippi up by Camp Ripley, a little over a hundred miles north of the Twin Cities, where the water is normally shallow and fast. Last Fall and ever since then the water is so low that unless you know the river, you will play a tune on the rocks. The smallmouth fishing is very good, but tough because of the current and rocks, and the walleye is pretty good, but not like its cousin in SD. Can you tell that I'm getting spring fever!

Thanks again.