• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog Shaking

jparrucci

My 2 1/2 year old Brittany has been shaking for about 2 days now. He seems to be doing ok, but when I get up close to him you can see him shaking like he is cold or shivering. He has never done this in the past, has no prior health problems. Still is eating/drinking/going to the bathroom. Oh, and he is a house dog, so its not like he is cold either. I can't figure out whats going on. Anyone else experience something like this before? It does not appear to be a seizure, but I guess I could be wrong.

Have a female Pit that does that to, She spent the winter outside last year but she is a house dog this year and has no coat to speak of. She follows the sunshine around the house but if she is laying on the floor in the evening she quivers till she lays with one of the labs or my daughter covers her up. I think she might have a little cold going as dogs get them to.

I have a jackrussel terrior that does the same thing but she is just always cold. Put her under the blanket or next to the fire and she stops. We still keep her outside during the winters but she climbs in the doghouse with one of the other labs and she is just fine. We also have an electric heat pad in the house for them.