• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

minnesota spring goose hunt

seen an article in the paper about a mn spring goose hunt. known about the dakota hunts for a while, never tried it yet but would like to maybe do mn. would it be worth a try by lac laparle or around dawson?

unless you live in the area or have lots of land access down there, it is probably in your best interest to drive an hour further into SD, get the $45 license, and make it worthwhile. The numbers of birds you will encounter won't even compare and your chances for success will increase tenfold. I'm not saying you can't kill birds in MN, I'm just saying that realistically it would make a lot more sense to drive another 60 miles and be in the thick of things.

SA/wdw

i will second that....unless theres a big front pushing the birds out of south dakotas james river valley more than likely the minnesota action is spotty at best. my best luck with minnesota birds has been finding them starting around correll, up towards lake artichoke. but its no where near the action a guy can have in south dakota. i would get in touch with the la qui parle refuge or the big stone refuge during the migration to see if there are reports of any birds.

What they said.

On the other hand, livin in SW MN has some advantages as I've shot a lot of geese in the spring season. However, I live here and I'm here all the time and I know a lot of land owners who let me hunt their fields.

If I was going to go on a trip, like drive a while and spend a little $$$, I'd hit Sodak.