• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Headin' to Oahe

Heading out to Mobridge Saturday for some Oahe fishing. I fished South Dakota before but never been to Oahe. A few of the people I'm going with have had some good luck this year. We plan on targeting walleyes, northerns, and possibly crappies. I was just wondering if anyone has any insight to the good lures to use and if any particular color has been hot. Has the ice been decent as of late? Anybody have any reports from the area? I'm not looking for honey holes just general information. I’ll give my report when I return. Thanks in advance.

I would say that you should have a good chance at some eyes and maybe some big gators but I gotta say fishing crappies would be a lost cause.IMO. The walleyes seem to be going for swedish pimples, Angel Eyes, and Kastmasters all tiped with a minnow head, and the more aggressive the walleyes are they seem to be liking the Chubby darters and Jigging raps. Just experiment with different colors and you should figure them out really quick. As for locations I won't be giving out any info there, but if you keep an open mind you should find your own fish. wink.gif

good fishing to ya!!