• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Newton Lake

Hey guys, how is this lake for bass? I currently go to the University of Iowa and in March we are having the annual Big 10 Bass Fishing Championship on this lake.

I've started doing some research and it sounds like one side is warmer than the other because of a power plant. The tournament is probably around the time when the bass will be in the different stages of the spawn considering what side of the lake you are on. I don't want your spots or your favorite lures that you use, just some general info on the lake like water clarity, max depth, grass, wood, rocks? Any info would be great.Thanks!

Wow - I am sure this late but I used to be a regular there. I upgraded my boat and it is not longer legal for the lake. To find fish in the cooler months try the warm side of the lake - don't get too close to the power plant little fish hang out real close to it. Find holes and drops off of the points on the warm side. I use crank baits to get real deep. Remember the fish will be a little ahead of other fish when it comes to pattern because of the heated water. In the warmer months I go to the 'cold' side of the lake and basically do the same thing. Good Luck! I hope this is not too late.