• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I found Ice

Last weekend 14,15,16 I was on the far east bay of Platte Lake in Morrison Cty. My parents just exchanged their cabin on Sullivan ,which is connected to Platte, for a place on the far east bay. Ice on Fri was perfect 4-6" but by Sun. I did not dare to go out on Sun. to where the Ice had been 4" on Fri. Platte is full of little Pike and they are a blast to catch on light tackle. It is also a unique joy to get there signature on the FL-8; A sudden appearance of a large target the zooms right to your lure and then just stalls (Fish on!)
I also got some small perch and one shiner that I used to get a pike with. The lake does have crappies and sunnies but I could not find them. Any tips Viking Tom? There was some good Ice on Sulivan on Fri. but I heard it was unsafe on Sat. I am sure the cooler weather at the end of this week will do wonders for Platte enen if most other lakes will still be open.

Just came back from checking platte, Sullivan, and Long. Don't know sunnies are. I don't fish Platte. I might have too. Won't get too fish sullivan until after Christmas. I'm taking a trip to Longville and then swing around to Aitkin Saturday and sunday. Time to go find some fishes to eat.