• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

flasher interference

Gator Slayer

I know this has been discussed but I'm curious if anyone has any experience with using two marcums in the same portable. I have a LX1 and a VX1, the VX1 suffers a lot of interference. Has anyone used 2 VX1's next to each other? I've heard 2 LX3's or 2 Lx5s are fine but nothing on the new units. Anyone with real life experience with the VX1's?

My buddy has a VX1 and I have an LX-3, we have never fished in the same house before, but with our portables we have been 10 feet apart and able to block out the interference, certainly me more than him. I know this isn't exactly the answer to your post, but it's what I have experienced...

This isnt the anwser you want but with a general title as flasher interference I figured I would post.

I recently bought a LX 5, One of my boys has an FL18 the other an FL8.

I can filter out both %100, the FL18 can get rid of most of it and the FL8 is a mess.

Quote:

My buddy has a VX1 and I have an LX-3, we have never fished in the same house before, but with our portables we have been 10 feet apart and able to block out the interference, certainly me more than him.

Similar situation for me but in the same house, and my LX-3 can block out his cabelas flasher (don't remember the number but it's supposedly marcum-made) much better than he can block me. Then my father in law hopped in the house with his FL18, and the cabelas flasher got even worse. I got about 95% out, the vex was troubled but usable, and the cabelas flasher was almost unusable. Hope this helps.

Arrgh, the monkey races on the dial can sure be frustrating!

Sometimes, interference can be more related to the bottom geometry vs what brand of flasher you are using.

There have been times where the MarCum will swamp me out, sometime my FL18 will give the MarCum fits.

When fishing on steep breaklines, often one flasher will seem to overpower everyone else. Sharp breaks, walls, rocks/boulders can have return signals coming back at odd angles, and no amount of fiddling short of moving around will clean the problem up.

This last weekend we fished with a Fl-8 FL-18 LX-5 and Aqua Vu VPG.

I could always get my interferance out. The VPG was a mess, LX-5 was a mess, FL-8 was mess. For rating who could get the interferance out best my ratings would be

1. FL-18

2. LX-5

3. VPG - was usable because of the greyscale

4. FL-8

I fished this past weekend with 2 LX3's (one was mine) and a FL8 in a 8X8 house. Mine had some occasional interference, the other LX3 was perfect and that poor FL8 was like flamin' Christmas-that poor girl! We would go around the house pushing the IR button but just had to be happy with what we got! Doesn't this sometimes have to do with the depth of water you were fishing in too? We were in 25ft and I heard the deeper the water the worse the problems.