• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PANFISH

Christopher Quast

COULD ANYBODY GIVE ME ANY ADVICE AS TO WHERE U MIGHT FIND THE BIGGER FISH THIS TIME OF YEAR WILL U BE SHALLOW IN WEEDS OR WILL THEY BE IN DEEPER PARTS OF LAKE LAKE IS PRETTY MUCH A BOWL WITH 2 SHALLOW BAYS OR MAYBE WHAT KIND OF BOTTOM THEY PREFER ALSO WHAT HAVE BEEN SOME OF THE MOST PRODUCTIVE COLORS OR HOOK SIZES THAT WORK GOOD THIS ADVICE RELATES TO BOTH CRAPPIES N SUNNIES

I have found that in the weeds you will usually find the smaller fish. They stay in these weeds looking for cover to hide from the bigger fish. You may find some nice northern around the weedlines waiting to attack any small fish that dare leave. The larger pan fish you will find near humps or in holes.

THANK U I AGREE BUT THE CONFUSION CAME IN WHEN I STARTED IN 14FOW AND WAS CATCHING A FEW BIGGER FISH AND A TON OF SMALL ONES NOW MOVED INTO 9FOW AND WEVE GOT A COUPLE LARGE FISH AND A TON OF DINKY ONES SO DONT KNOW MY NEXT MOVE DEEPEST PART OF LAKE IS 22FOW BUT USUALLY WE DO REAL WELL IN 14FOW AND THAT SEEMS TO BE WHERE A GUY THAT LIVES ON THE LAKE FISHES DAILY BUT IVE HEARD HE HASNT BEEN DOIN THAT GOOD

IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR GETTING TRAVELING FISH YOU NEED TO FIND FISH HOLDING TO STRUCURE IF YOU WANT MORE CONSISTANCY I THINK YOU SHOULD WORK THE SHALLOW AREA FIRST STARTING IN 5FOW WORK THESE DEPTHS OVER GOOD PAYING SPECIAL ATTENTION TO ANY TRANSITION AREAS AND WEED POCKETS ONCE YOU FIND SOME AREAS HOLDING THE LARGER FISH PAY ATTENTION TO WHY THIS AREA HELD THE FISH THEN SIMILAR AREAS AT THE SAME DEPTH THIS WILL TAKE LOTS OF DRILLING AND MOVING BUT IS OFTEN WORTH THE WORK IF YOU COME UP EMPTY DOING THIS I WOULD REPEAT THE PROCESS ALONG THE OUTSIDE WEEDLINE SAY 10-15 FOW YOU SHOULD NOTICE SOME KEY AREAS ALONG THIS DEPTH THAT ALSO HOLD FISH MARK THESE AREAS ON GPS OR MENTAL NOTE SO LATER YOU CAN HAVE A MILK RUN OF HIGHER PRODUCTIVITY AREAS TO TRY MORE THAN LIKELY THE FISH WILL EITHER BE ACTIVE SHOLLOW OR DEEP THE KEY WILL BE TO FIND HIGHLY PRODUCTIVE AREAS AT 2 DIFFERENT AREAS INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE WEEDLINES IF THIS FAILS YOUR BEST BET WOULD BE THE BASIN THESE FISH TYPICALLY ROAM A LITTLE MORE AND DONT RELATE TO STRUCTURE SO ONCE AGAIN MOBILITY WILL BE KEY IN SUMMARY THIS WILL TAKE ALLOT OF DRILLING AND MOVING UNTIL YOU FIND HIGH PRODUCTIVITY AREAS THEN IT GETS EASIER. wink.gif

I would also try up-sizing your presentation. Oftentimes you can weed out those smaller fish if you switch to a larger bait. Get rid of the live-bait too and stick with plastics. At least rig up a rod with a larger presentation and give it a few minutes and see what happens.

It could also be that you have certain size fish holding at certain areas of the water column. Have you noticed larger fish coming in at different levels than the smaller fish? Or are they both coming in at the same level?