• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fav Ice lures for predator fish?

muskoka_pike_junkie

I've really become fond of the Lindy Flyer with a 3 or 4-inch Power Grub on the back. It gives off some wicked action and works well on a variety of species.

Also can't knock the 3-inch Power Minnow for eyes and smallies smile.gif

I'm also a big fan of jigging spoons. Probably one of the more versatile lures out there. Also covers both negative and aggressive fish.

The Jigging Rapalas are also in my arsenal and they are excellent pike baits in my opinion. The Chubby Darter is pretty cool too. Swimming lures are a lot of fun and with all the various sizes we have available to us, they can work on everything from pannies to lakers and pike...

indeed... i too am fond of the lindy flyers.. but i rig em with yum tubes... white on white and red head on chartruse tube. i also use the old face first minnow on the flyer.

i tried the chubby darter.. and i had a pike bite right thru it, and havent bought one since.

another favorite of mine is homemade bucktails, in the 3/8 to 3/4 range, pink / yellow and pink / white, tipped with minnows or gulp shads.

Yes I too like my Chubby Darters and I lose my share of them on pike when not using them with leaders and at 10 bucks a pop plus tax here it can and does get pricey because I use them alot for walleyes and don't like using leaders but pike luv them .I also like a williams spoon for pike or a white tube on a jig .

TD