• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Extreme Muskie Expo??

mattrd

I was thinking about going to this next weekend, can anybody tell me anything about it. I'll be driving 3hours to get there is it worth it and what kinds of things do they have there? Any info would be great! thanks

I have been to this event several times. I think it is good for the following reasons and I usually attend all the days:

There are a lot of knowledgeable guides that you can ask questions about fishing and fishing times of the year, e.g., Chippewa Flowage, Leeck, Mille Lac, et al........

Two, you can get some good deals on equipment that you cannot find any other time of the year (checkout landing nets);

third, the seminars are great (get a schedule of speakers ahead of time)......

fourth, the b.s., about musky fishing at this time of the year is hard to find elsewhere....

If you have a plan - a 3 hour trip may be worth it....

My experience of this show is the format is very small as compared to Blaine, and from what I found, the guides spend a bunch of time talking to each other, or are so busy selling products they didn't really have time to chat. Definitely enough product to buy, but I have not found the deals to be any better than purchasing through the stores separately. It's fun to shop, though...

I will agree on the point of seminars. Good line up this year.

Not sure if I am going to go this year or not yet...we'll see what comes up. If I am free and get the itch, I'll be there.

Steved

Thanks for the info guys! I don't have to work next sunday so I might just head up there to check it out. I plan on going to the one in March as well. I really got hooked on Muskie fishing this past summer and am really looking forward to this year. Just trying to learn as much as possible. Once again thanks.

If you are going on Sunday try and be there at or before 11. Steve Jonesi is giving a seminar then and I would guess that this will be a very very good seminar! The overall show is ok, I do agree that some of the booths may spend too much time talking to the other booths but I've also met some great guides at this show who will talk your ear off!

My dad and I went to the Extreme expo last year for the first time and we weren't that impressed with it, in comparison to the Blaine expo. But we decided to go back this year. My advice: make a trip of it and go to the Cabela's in Rogers. I know I'm going to be spending a few hours there.

Hiya -

Well, I'll be there for sure... My fellow Esox Angler editor Jack Burns and I are talking on Friday afternoon.

The Extreme show is sort of a fun one I think. Smaller venue, lots of time to interact with vendors, guides, etc. Great place to talk fishing with some of the guys that fish where you do.

I'll be there Saturday as well, though likely not Sunday (kids hockey games...) Any FMers that are going be sure to track me down. I'll be in the TNB-EA booth, or wandering around. Always fun to put faces to the monikers...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

It is worth the trip, I normally catch all the expos and shows but this winter I am guiding on Upper Red so I can't make it. Swing in and check out the new products and talk with the many top notch muskie anglers and "tackle artist" (they are that good),guys like Jack Burns, Ty, Lee Tauchen, Jonesi, Chad Cain so on and so on...oh ya and RK guy will be there to.

Sorry Rob I had to. wink.gifgrin.gif

I've made the Blaine show a number of times, but have yet to make it to Medina. I look forward to being there this weekend and even catching the RK/Jack Burns seminar!

Aaron

FYI.....free admission for all women too ( & kids under 18), makes for a cheap date! Although it makes the purchases a little more difficult as well!

Rob, are you and Jack on at 4 or 5 on Friday afternoon? I've seen both times listed.

Thanks

Chris

I'll be there as well, but if you want to know the best show it town, it was last weekend. Gregg Thomas and Tony Grant put on a clinic called Musky Road Rules. Very good! It was sponsored by Brad Hoppe and his Musky Mayhem company as well as special guest Jim Murphy. These guys know muskies and did a superb job with showing GPS usage, weeds, how to attack different situations and then showed off all the new 2007 lures. We then went to the pool at the Garden Inn in Maple Grove and all had a chance to throw them in the pool and see if they were good lures or not. There were also tons of nice raffle prizes that you could pick up yourself. My pops and I picked up close to $60 easily in free lures off of the raffle table. There were only 20 people there max and was great one on one interaction with Thomas, Grant,Hoppe, and Murph. Highly recommended and would go again in a heart beat! Great guys!

Again thanks for all the info guys. I'm planning on leaving early sunday morning. What is the best way to get to the show? I'm heading up 60 through mankato and Belle Plaine, any directions to make it easy to get there would be helpful. Thanks and hope to see everyone there.

Hi Matt -

Come up 169, get on 494 and take that around N to 55. Then W on 55 till you get to Medina. When you see the new Target going up, you're getting close...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm