• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Trap Yukon

trapsht

Anyone have this shack? I just bought one and am having a problem with the set-up of the tent. I can't seem to get the front porch pole to rest on the ground with the tent secured to the rear of the sled as it is supposed to do. Has anyone else had this problem?? I don't know if this will be ok or not.. THe tent portion is on the ground but the pole is about an inch or two off the ground. Thanks

Yup, I have that problem too. I always just packed a little snow or slush under the back of the sled and tilted the sled towards the front and it helps.

Tony, how do you adjust the tent on the back of the sled? Isn't there only one notch on those poles?

Tony...I have the rear molding set so that the tent is flush with the border of the molding..nothing is overhanging. I'm afraid if I let more of the tent out from the rear then there won't be enough for the molding to grab. How much of the tent do you have in the molding??

I have a new Yukon this year also and have had the same problem as of recently. I think the tent tends to tighten up in this cold weather- After fishing I set it up in my garage and the porch poles were touching the ground again!?? I have about 2 inches hanging below the rubber molding- It has been great until this cold snap!

I spoke with an engineer at clam corp. and he informed me that my tent was just made too small. He told me to try it and they would replace it if I didn't like it. I'm just worried about wind coming underneath...i suppose I'll have to try it. THank you to everyone for your prompt help

I just finished re-attaching the weatherstripping piece around the tub edge and attaching it with the screws. I say re-attaching because I was a bonehead and didn't finish reading the directions and didn't use the screws the first time. Needless to say, the weatherstripping piece flew out onto the highway somewhere.

As for the front touching the ground, it seems to hit just fine.

I do have one question, on the front poles that go around the floor, are they supposed to only touch in the front and not in the back where it curves down from the mounting brace. Where it curves it's at least 5 inches from the ground, but it touches the ground at the front. I think this is normal, but was wondering nonetheless.