• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camp on a frozen lake?

bellyup

Have done several camping /fishing trips on ice, it can be a blast if you are prepared! planning is crucial to to a happy outcome, having the right gear makes all the diffence! cots are a must to keep off the ice, plenty of water for cooking etc. 20lb tanks full plan on more then you think, good slp.bags, pre cooked main meals go a long way when you just warm up versus cook although we have grilled ribs. also depends on if you drive on ice. If you can then not having to haul out gear makes it a lot easier. try and find a lake where you get a day and nite bite to fish. I guess with out being more specific, It is a blast if done right!!!

thanks oil painter, that's some good input. Being obsessed with fishing like i am, summer time i especially like to find rivers, lakes, and ponds to camp next to where i can fish near a comfy camp site and sleep with my pole in the water!

Should have mentioned in first post used clam 5600 butted up to a 6800 clamped together. used 5600 to cook and fish out of and two of us slept in 6800. it works well if you are on different schedules, guys I go with are nite owls so they sleep in. I was able to fish out of 56oo while buddy slept. It is great to be snappin fish while they sleep.