• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

xbox 360 help

wingnutken

My sons xbox 360 was shutting off in the middle of a game so he returnrd it for a new one. Now the new one does it also. He started to think that having other things on at the same time in that room might have something to do with it but that doesn't seem to matter. Anybody else have similar problems or suggestions? Thanks Ken

I would check Xbox's homepage and check customer service. I had the christmas lights of death and had to send mine in for Repair. Or give the CS at XBOX a call. It's free, and they have some good tips.

They do make external cooling fans for the 360's, but until you know that's the problem for a fact, I wouldn't invest in one yet.

Actually, if you really want to find out if that is indeed the problem, plug in a fan behind the 360 to blow on it. If you notice that the unit no longer has any problems, then you know it's a heating issue.

yep, sure sounds like it is overheating. Like everyone else has said:

Don't put it in an enclosed stand

Don't put it on carpet.

Get the transformer (big ugly black thing) off the ground.

(mine sits on the subwoofer)

If all that fails, try an aftermarket cooler (return the cooler if it doesn't work).

I have a launch unit and never have had any issues. I've heard horror stories, but mine has been solid.