• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Horseshoe chain

hammerfive

Have any of you cat guys fished Long Lake in the Horseshoe chain? I am thinking of fishing it on Sunday but I have never been on it. Are there areas that you have to watch out for? My biggest concern is thin ice. We will be walking out on any of the lakes we try, I am just wondering which lakes in the chain are the best. Any help will be appreciated.

I've fished Long in the past in fact that is the lake that I started out on. Actually had the biggest one I've seen in the chain on the line but a lack of a gaf close by and a 8" hole ended up losing it as it stuck it's head under the ice and i couldn't free him. Main place on there is out by where all the locals have houses off the "island". Best bet would be on Horseshoe. The meth hole and by the winter access off of 22. Glow red jigs and if you're running bobbers have them near submerged and watch for the slightest movement. Also cutting fatheads or other cutbait works. I would also run a pole w/ a whole minnow sometimes the crappies and -eyes are at the same place as the cats.