• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GARMIN VS. LOWRANCE GPS

TOLLEFRY

Question

8 answers to this question

I have the H2OC, and love it. I have the LOW and the LM2007 chip for it, and these things are just awesome. I picked up the RAM mount for the wheeler, so once you figure out where you want to fish the H2Oc will bring you right there. They are quite easy to use also.

I have owned a vista, 60cx and now a H20.

I would have to say, I do like the H20, bigger screen, easy to read, menu is intuitive as well as the GPS buttons.

What I did not like about the vista and why I sold it. The screen was small, the map detail was great after the mapsource map was uploaded through the serial cable which too 30 mins. crazy.gif The refresh on the vista took forever compaired to the H20 with my LM chip.

The 60cx was ok, had to send it in to Garmin a couple of times for new system boards (would stop powering up). Color screen was easier to read vs. vista, but still small. The level of detail was great but too much for the small area for me. (I have bad eyes) I was hooked on the h20 when I was able to see and read the screen when I was sitting in the back seat of the truck. (mounted on the dash)

Just today as I brought it to work and had a long time Vista user take a look at it and just about had him hooked, but he was looking for the smaller style GPS units.

I have a Garmin Etrex legend c, and it is a great unit. Never have any problems with it and it is nice to beable to work with the computer to check out fishing spots and such. I have two friends with H2O's and they both seem to have some problems holding sattilites every once and a while. This being said, I still think the larger screen on the H2O would have sealed the deal for me, if I could do it over again. The Garmin would be a better choice if it is to be used for hiking, walking, biking, etc. Just because of its small size.

The Lowrance is a better unit in my opinion. I have the H2Oc and have really liked the ability to use different cards and not have to mess with downloading things on the computer.

Only downfall so far is it eats up batteries quickly when used without the cord.