• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Distance

INWally

This generally is a "passionate" debate between folks. smirk.gif

The law says 10-feet minimum. For me, that's a bit too close, but it is the law. Personally speaking, 50 feet or more would be acceptable on smaller bodies of water. On big bodies of water, I'll find my own secluded spot. If someone moves in close to me, I'll pick up and move to another spot unless I know the person or they're cordial about moving in on the spot I'm at. If they're rude, there are plenty of other places on a big body of water to fish for me.

Others will feel differently about this. smirk.gif

It depends on how many othe fishouses are around. If it is like turd's bay on Waconia and there are 300 other houses, I'll do 30 feet. If there is only 1 or 2 other houses, 300 feet minimum.

A good rule of thumb is sound. Noise (be it the ice auger or your voice) is usally the biggest issue with anglers. I really dont care to hear about how much weed you smoked last night.