• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clam floor (sled) repair

larryz

Question

Over the weekend I damaged the base of my Clam fish shack. I bought it new about 10 years ago and otherwise it is in very good condition. I need to repair a break in the plastic base and I am wondering what repair material will bond with it. Any help? This is the forerunner of the 5600.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

larryz, You might consider checking with a local auto body shop. Some of our local shops do plastic welding with some nice results. We even have a small engine shop that does it on cracked fuel tanks! Just a thought. Phred52

The stuff they use to repair dings in skis will work. can't remember what its called but there is a thread about it somewhere here. It comes in stick form and you melt the end. Can buy it at ski shops, I got mine at Scheels.

the ski repair stuff is called Ptex. I tried to use it on my fishtrap base but it was too hot and just melted a bigger hole in the trap. I think it would be ok on like a clam 5600 or that type. any ideas on how to repair holes in the bottom of my trap? I have put a pair of old downhill skis on the bottom and that works well but I still have a couple of holes that take in snow when pulled on the ice

Ptex - that's the stuff

A fish trap is what we were using the sticks on. We heated the end of the stick until it dripped and we did not have any trouble with melting the base itself.