• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

East Okoboji

ive been fishing the great lakes are for a few years now and i have never fished east lake. and i have never seen anyone ice fishing out there either. i am just wondering if there are fish to be caught there? ive been looking at my maps and ive found some spots that look interesting. has anyone had any luck up in the north end buy the hwy 71 bridge access?

ive been fishing west lake recently on little emerson with alot of good luck until we were there saturday when the crowd finally found out where the gills were. the quality of fish was greatly reduced aswell.

i used to think that same thing when i was an ILCC student.

for a while, a few people, including me fished the very north part of east. i have caught some nice perch and crappies near the spillway. that is the only area i ever tried, but there has got to be some great fishing out there.

it is definately worth trying just watch the ice if you're the only one out there.

The most northern part of east Okoboji (north of hwy 71 bridge) is usually a wintering area for geese. It's fairly shallow with maybe 7' fow on a good year. There are much better areas to ice fish than this area... imo.

Although this is a bad year to talk about ice...I have often wondered why there are no ice fishermen on what the locals call "East lake" (the part of east O. east of bridge between west O and east O.)There is 20'+ water in that part of IGL...So why no ice fishermen??