• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

backus, mn

dah79

Heading up to Backus, Mn., wondering what the ice and fishing is like on any of the surrounding lakes. Also looking into a underwater camera, looking for suggestions. Thanks

Go to the Leech Lake Hackensack posting for info on that area Phred52 just came back from the area has a cabin near my mother in law near backus great guy also Wayne at Godfreys supermarket in backus on 371 is a great source of info on the area lakes he fishes the area lakes often. As for the camera you should be able to find a few posts here on variuos opinions regarding underwater cameras one thing I do know is Marcums customer service is second to none. Good luck and welcome to FM once you start to read and post here you will be addicted for sure great bunch of guys and gals.

Thanks for the reply. I know of Wayne as my uncle lives next door to him on Portage Lake. Haven't done any ice fishing in Minnesota yet, but since we can't seem to make any ice in Iowa I will go where there is some. Thanks again.