• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snow goose

Just posted this in the 'venison ideas' post... it was originally "invented" with snows and blues... Here's a copy of my post...

This is a recipie I made up at goose camp and I got to thinking it would go good with venison too.

-fry 4-5 strips of bacon in pan till crispy, remove bacon from pan, but leave grease in pan

-cut up half an onion and 2 cloves garlic, add to grease over medium-low heat

-coat chunks of meat with seasoned flour (I like Gary Roaches breading), put in grease with onions and garlic, turn until all sides are browned.

-Remove meat, onions and garlic and transfer to a glass caserole or a crock pot or a sauce pan on top of stove

-add one can of cream of chicken with herb and one can of cream of mushroom soup and one can of orange juice

-crumble up 2 strips of the bacon into soup mix, add salt/pepper and any other seasonings you wish

-add small package of fresh whole button mushrooms if desired

-gentley stir all ingredients, put in oven for 1-1 1/2 hours or in sauce pan on low for an hour or 2 or a crock pot on high for 2-3 hours or on low all day until meat is tender.

serve over mashed potatoes or wild rice and crumble a little more of the reserved bacon on top. Some warm rolls go good with this.

(I use this recipie for pheasant too, I just serve over Rheems frozen egg noodles)

Good Luck!

Ken

I prefer the old fashioned way.

Cut up breasts in cubes or strips (inch by inch or so)....and put in crock pot 6 hours or so on low. throw in wings and legs also if you keep them (i always keep them). After 6 hours, drain the juice out of the crock pot.

Heat 1 can of cream of chicken soup with 1 can of milk on the stovetop and add to crockpot when hot. Let sit for another hour in crock pot and enojoy.

I prefer to eat this over bread, or else over mashed potatoes.

Simple and easy, yet extremely tender and scrumptous!

I have done that and it is tasty, I also have sliced up the breasts and cooked them to med, and have stirred in green and red peppers, onion, and a jalpeno or 2, with some fajita seasoning and made fajitas out of them.