• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

distance between holes

K9Art

Great question. I put the camera about 2-3 feet away from the hole i'm fishing in. You would think the camera would spook them, trust me they don't. To be honest I think it attracts them. It's weird you'd think they'd be more interested in my bait, but some will just come in and stare at the camera. Pretty cool. Good luck.

In my otter lodge, I'll drill 2 holes for fishing, and put the camera hole in between the 2, but closer to the sled. I'd guess it's 2' away or so from the other holes.

I normally do not have a problem with it, but this past weekend, my Daughter had 2 sunnies that decided to swim around the camera cable. At first I thought a Northern hit her sunny the way here rod bent trying to take the camera. smile.gif

I have an old Vista Cam, still use it!

Here is what I do , I drill three holes

each hole about 20 inches apart, in 7 fow

to about 9 fow, hole number one I place

tip-up lively sucker,about 3 feet under the ice!

This is what I have good luck with!

hole number 2 same depth same minnow, sometimes i try different, I find suckers are good on my lake.

then the cam.I have someone sitting in the pick-up

on shore!

guiding me with the camera!

I hang the cam on a coat hanger!

Been doing this for 8 years!

It's a hoot!

Happy new years!

Good luck!