• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question on new model Remington Semi-Auto Shotgun…

S.D. Ice Angular

It's called the cti105 and it's a bottom eject auto with an oil filled(I think) cylinder that eats up about 50% of the recoil. Those that have shot one say that it is extremely light shooting.

The bad news is they have been pushing back the release date due to problems with the bottom ejection feature. They were supposed to come out in July, last time I heard, but they've been pushing it back repeatedly. Originally it was supposed to come out in 2005 hence the 05 in the name.

I wouldn't hold my breath for its release as it will likely be a few more months until they can get the major bugs worked out.

I hope they can get the job done because if they don't come out with some sucessful new guns they may not last much longer.

The latest on the new Remmy is that they slowed down production while working out some issues that came up in the first 3,000 to 5,000 guns. So far it's been kind of hit or miss for those that have purchased one. Generally, there have been issues with light loads and some QC issues. Those that haven't had problems have been raving about how it is a sweet shooter with very little felt recoil.

I've handled one and it's points and swings very nicely. Fairly light compared to the 11-87s as well. The reciever look really unique as well. The carbon fiber looks really futuristic(sp) in a good way. I wasn't really impressed with the wood on the stock and forearm. Kind of plain jane. I think the should have dressed it up a little or used a little higher grade of walnut. The checkering was deep and sharp.

The other new Remington is the 1100 G3. This gun has been getting very good reviews from almost everyone thats got one. It's supposed to be sort of a hybrid of the 1100 and the 11-87.