• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

jiffy ice auger

jgeatz

Question

3 answers to this question

I believe one needle valve is for low idle the other is high. Auger is running good just don't want to run it to lean. what I did was adjust needles till it quit smoking and idles smoothly. Like I said don't know the exact number of turns. If I run it to leen could I hurt the engine?

Sounds like your on the right track.

The 2hp and 3hp Tecumseh engine for the Jiffy's usually use the same "base" settings for the set screws. Turn them clockwise gently to seat them both. Gently is the key, as you don't want to ruin the seat. Turn the right one (farthest from the engine) 3/4s turn counter clockwise. This is the one for fast speed. Turn the left one (the one closest to the engine) 1 full turn counter clockwise. The engine should start and run now. The right one is for full throttle speed, and can only be adjusted under load. If it bogs down while cutting, let up on the throttle, turn 1/8 turn counterclockwise, then retry. Do the same thing with the left one at idle speeds when the engine is warm. Turn a very little at a time until the engine "sounds" to be idling optimally.