• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pictures with no flash?

Quick and easy question for all you real photographers: I have been playing around with my wifes camera and have been trying to take pictures with out the flash, just experimenting, and have noticed that all of these pictures have a strong orange and or yellow hue to them.

Is this a result of the lighting?, most pictures were taken inside. Even if I slow the shutter speed way down to allow plenty of light in the picture it is still really orange.

Like I said, it is probably an easy answer, but I am just learning.

spark, make sure your white balance is set to auto. If it's not, set it there. Otherwise, if it's on auto and you're still getting that orange/yellow cast, experiment with some of the other custom white balance pre-sets until you see one that looks right when you check the image on the back of the camera.

Check your manual on how to do this. If you still don't like the coloring, you'll have to set the white balance manually for that specific shooting session. Your manual tells you how to do that, too.

If you're shooting in RAW mode, you can adjust white balance after the fact, by pulling up the RAW image in Photoshop. It gives you a preview window that lets you adjust all kinds of things like WB, color tone, color temp, saturation, contrast, exposure, etc. One of the advantages to shooting RAW. Jpeg doesn't allow you to preview and pre-adjust the image.