• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Busted! (pic included)

Steve Foss

Well, buzzy, I do have some flight shots of eagles. Not quite eye level, but close. And I saved them. grin.gif

Please forgive the different color toning in the first image. The series is of the same bird shot at 5 fps flying toward my boat. As you can tell, it wasn't looking at ME when it focused its attention on its prey. Whew! Actually, there was no prey. Wish there was. Don't have shots of eagles pulling fish off the surface. YET! grin.gif

Eeagle-curled.jpg

E-adult-V-wings.jpg

E-adult-diagonal.jpg

Yeh, bubba, the bottom one in particular I had rushed to tone and save for the Web and hadn't cloned out a couple dust specks.

There, I fixed them. Happy now? smirk.gif

Thing I like most about these, which I don't consider awe inspiring or anything, is that they're heading straight at the camera. Most eagle flight shots that get posted are profiles, and these are a lot harder to maintain focus on, especially in three-foot waves on Vermilion. blush.gif

I'll have to get out there next fall when the whitefish and cisco come into the shallow bays to spawn and the eagles congregate. Should be able to get some great shots of them fishing.

Quote:

Yeh, bubba, the bottom one in particular I had rushed to tone and save for the Web and hadn't cloned out a couple dust specks.

There, I fixed them. Happy now?
smirk.gif

grin.gif Just didn't want anything to detract from those beautiful shots. I'll keep my mouth shut from now on.

Dan, I'm pretty sure a few people here can or should be able to handle the "nits" as they are at different levels than beginners so to speak. I can't see criticizing the newbies to the hobby to harshly, but by pointing out little things to each other, all we are doing is helping with cc. We just have to remember this is a fishing site first and foremost. smirk.gif

Boy, did this get out of hand in a hurry. Sorry if I said anything that led it that way. Just giving you a little shnit, Dan. I wasn't upset in any way, honestly, and didn't mean to upset you. grin.gif

Buzz, on this site, I don't C&C anyone's image unless they specifically ask for it. Regardless of how experienced or inexperienced a photographer they are, most people just share images here for the fun of sharing them. That's what I do here almost all the time. If I want C&C, I'll post images on a couple pro nature photography sites I frequent. Anyway, don't go getting upset, anyone. I'm just sharing my outlook, not attacking other folks' views. It's all good. grin.gif

And I never worry much over what folks say about my images, so nit away! grin.gif

If someone specifically asks for C&C, I'll certainly give my honest opinions.

Here's an eagle with an unlucky fish on the St. Louis River. There seems to be a mating pair that has set up shop on the St. Louis. I plan on spending a little time this next summer getting some better images.

img0035if3.jpg

Quote:

I don't C&C anyone's image unless they specifically ask for it.

Really? Hmmm... "A foggy Thanksgiving morning" post that was edited mentioned something about a crop... I didn't ask for your cc, but I also appreciated it. It looks to have been edited as I went back and checked it out... no biggee, I just wouldn't say what you said above is entirely accurate. smirk.gif

Remember? http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=907254&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Yes, Buzz, I should have explained that I used to C&C sometimes (though not often in a substantive way, and I gave your image no substantive C&C) but have changed the way I approach images here now. So it's true that I don't C&C unless asked. It's also true that I used to on rare occasions. I was not trying to mislead anyone. Sorry about that.