• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

? about polaris sportsman

arcticcat400

hello i have a 2000 polaris sportsman 500 and i cant remember when i last replaced the battery but it hasnt been all that long ago id say with in the last year and now when i go to start it the batteries dead so i put it on the charger and ride it for a while then when i go back out to use it the next time i have the same probelm so i was wondering do you think it could be the battery or is it something like the alternator and what ever is supposed to keep the battery charged i wouldnt mind so much but the rope broke on the pull starter a while ago to and i dont wanna be out on the lake somewhere and have this happen so any help is greatly appreciated thanks

Odds are you need a new battery. Cold weather will find a weak battery real fast. Go to your local auto parts store and get a hydrometer. It’s the thing that has the discs in it to measure the specific gravity of the acid in your battery. (Splurge and buy a god one, not the one the size of a pencil). Then check each cell in your battery. This will tell you one way or another without spending big $$ on a battery to discovery you have a different problem. I have a 03 SP700, got it in Jan of 03. I’m just put bat #2 in it.