• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UFC 65

jltimm

Tommorrow Night! So who's gonna watch, and who do you think is gonna win? I say Matt Hughes, and Tim Sylvia, unless Monson gets to take Sylvia off his feet.I think Matt Hughes has St. Pierre's #, and will win this second fight also, just not as easy.

I have to go with St. Pierre. I'm rooting for him but also believe he can win it. B.J. Penn was working Hughes but gassed and ended up injuring himself in that fight. For three rounds he was lighting Hughes up. Pierre is far superior on his feet and can more than hold his own on the ground. Hughes is a punk and I would love to see the same look on his face as he had when Penn choked him out, rear naked style. He was losing the last fight with Rush until he pulled off the arm bar. Rush got careless....this time he's primed. As for the second fight....BORING!! Monson is one of the most boring fighters around. Same with Silvia. The heavyweight division stinks. Get Fedor or Cro-cop over here and spice it up a bit. Coleman could give them a run as well. Despite my bickering, I am stoked for tomorrow night. And an added bonus....we get to see Bisbing in action. He looks like the real deal Holyfield.

I popped into the local Buffalo Wild Wings where they were running it on nearly every TV in the joint. It was kind of fun to watch with a bunch of big UFC fans. I'll tell you that no one in the place was rooting on Hughes, except maybe me.

I don't know about you guys but I really don't want to watch another Tim Sylvia fight. Can you say boring? The only time during the fight where it was exciting was when Monson got him to the ground. The rest was Sylvia being cautious. If I remember right, Sylvia/Arlovski 2 was much of the same. 5 rounds of the two guys being afraid of each other.

Hughes/St. Pierre on the other hand was pretty good. I can't remember if Hughes even tried to take St. Pierre down but that is what he needed to do to win. I think St. Pierre's take down defense was probably so good that it neutralized Hughes ability to take him down. I really don't see how Hughes could have won standing with St. Pierre. St. Pierre is just too good on his feet and he definitely caught Hughes a couple times. No controversy here, St. Pierre dominated that fight!