• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moose Plow Installation Question

78cj5

I purchased a Moose plow system for my 2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 SRA.

When installing the mounting plate, the plate does not sit perfectly flat against the frame due to welding of some reinforcement brackets.

The rear of the plate, when tightened, bows toward the u-bolts and looks quite distorted with the outside edges against the reinforcements and the center of the plate pulled tight against the frame. Quite a curve...

I have two questions:

First, Is this normal? It must be...

Second, Can anyone tell me the optimum torque I should use on the u-bolts? It feels like I can keep tightening them forever.

Thanks for the help.

Weld joints and some imperfections are common when bolting up items such as plow mounts. As far as installation torque, did it come with self-locking nuts? Is the "bowing" coming from you tightening the bolts too much? Or, are there not bolts in the middle where it's bowed? I generally snug the bolts up so the mount plate doesn't move or wiggle and call it good.

Thanks for the replay Dave. I solved the problem this morning. I took the plate off and notched the rear corners with a plasma. The plate fits flush now.

I think this is a case where Moose should notch this at the factory. The original fit was not good. It is now.

There were no torque specs in the instructions. The plate bowed with hardly any torque.

Thanks again.