• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Murphy Hanrehan Bow Hunt

buzzsaw

Thanks Harvey! I live right next to the park and have been on the waiting list for the past two years... needless to say I've spent alot of hours scouting this park out and think I've found two extremely good locations. Now I just need to beat the other 180 hunters to the area. grin.gif

P.S. I saw a ten point buck two days ago on the border of the park, heading back towards it and it's in the area I'm hunting so hopefully he will cross my path.

He wasn't. frown.gif I did however stop at the park station headquarters and they had registered 6 deer... a 9 pt, 8 pt and 6 pt and the rest were does. One person reported seeing a monster P & Y type buck, but it didn't even get close to him. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I'm hunting the Cleary Lake hunt not too far away. We only have 55 permits in this park, but its lots smaller.

I only saw 1 buck today. Long story short I made a poor shot and hit high. After over 3hrs of exhaustive searching This deer lived or made it more than 500yds without bedding down and left the property. I finally found my arrow 100yds after I lost he blood trail. STarted searching again and completely grid searched the area he was heading and still found no more blood. I'm extrememly disapointed, but we'll try again tomorrow.