• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Puerto Vallarta fishing

seann

Hey hows it going I was just fishing in Puerto Vallarta mexico with fish in pv sportfishing I went for a 12 hour day to the banks 50 miles out on a super panga fastest and most affordable way to do some deep sea fishing well we reached the banks around 7 around 9 we hooked up with a monster yellow fin tuna it took about 2 hours for me to pull in this 250 lb monster but what a fish after that we caught a couple small dorados and got some more tuna hits but nothing stayed on great all around trip. Im going back for the tournament in the next 2 weeks and hopefully get some bill fish

until next time

tight lines

]

We were just there. We didn't fish, but a boat took us snorkeling. The boat we went on did fishing tours and snorkeling tours. I think it ran about $100 for 2 hours. You'll have no problem finding someone to take you out.

Gentleman, fishing is pretty good in PV, its the place to go for big Tuna. The cost is going to depend on what kind of trip you are looking for but it will run from $400-700 for a full day boat. To get in the big ones you will be looking at spending a little more as you will need to travel farther out. Check out the local websites in PV to find out when to go. Most of them have fishing calendars that are somewhat reliable along with weekly reports.

Why the heck is this post under this heading?? Anyway, to fish with the really big boys, look up Josh Temple's Primetime adventures. His boat is nicknamed "the torture chamber" and is legendary down there for huge tuna. 12 hour days, 50 plus miles from PV, to the tune of 1000/day for the boat. (actually, I think I just read thats gone up)Expensive, but possibly the best tuna fishing out there, with some nice black marlin in the 400 to 700 lb range to boot. There are other good outfits, but I don't think you'll be getting out to the banks for less than the 700 or so Chef mentioned. There are other less expensive charters out of PV, and pangas as well, tho' the original poster being out 50 miles on a panga sounds dangerous and really unusual; pangas are an open boat normally used for inshore and moderate blue water fishing, I haven't heard of them out at the tuna spots. But anythings possible...Aug thru Dec is prime for the cow tuna, I'm not sure whats around come feb or march. You can go to www.mexfish.com for weekly reports and back reports as well.