• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Questions about Elk and Deer hunting combos

I would really love to make it to Montana next fall and do some Elk hunting along with deer hunting. I know there is a combo lisence but what I need to know is the availability of public land to hunt on. Is there no problem in finding a place that my father and I can find success. I am not looking for a trophy in either species just a memorable hunt. Any areas of the state that are better suited for this kind of hunt would also be greatly appreciated. I guess I should specify what kind of deer we would be looking for, Mule Deer mainly. There are plenty of White Tails here in MN. Thanks guys, My father and I really appreciate it.

Brian

If you look at a map of Montana, and look for Billings and Lewistown , you will find more land that is public, BLM or forest service land than you can imagine. A special area drawing that is good is along the Fort Peck Dam on both sides. They would be very good. Get a map from the BLM and they will show you all the land that is private, Railroad, BLM or Forest service. It shouldn't be to hard to find areas to hunt in this big state. Call the fish and game in Montana and see what they recommend for hunting to. CAJ I think all nonresident permits are drawing only.

The areas I like the best are west if Missoula up alond the Idaho border at Deborgie, And at Stanford, close to Geat Falls, and the Bob Marshal area by Spotted Bear Ranger staion close to Columbia Falls. Check these out. CAJ