• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Digital camera shopping, need input!!!

O.K. people, I am in the market for a digital camera. This will be my first buy of a digital camera, so any input would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for something in the 6 mega pixal range. Price range around $250. It will be used mostly for family use and some outdoor shots (wildlife).

The one thing to watch out for if you want close ups or wildlife shots is to make sure you have the biggest optical zoom.On most point & shoot cameras the best you will do is a 12X zoom.You will find that most will only have a 4X zoom but with the powershot line from Canon you can buy a lens converter that will boost the zoom.If you plan on making standard size photos 6 Meg is more then enough.

If the zoom isn't a big deal to you I would recommend Sony's Cybershot DSC-W50 (6 megapixel). I did some research and bought this one and have friends who are very happy with it. It's small, has large LCD screen, and will be just less than $250.