• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Safety Vests.

harvey lee

I just bought one of those safety vest that look like a boat vest.I bought the lineman rope with it and now I can wear a safety unit that is comfortable and is easy to climb with and sit in the stand.Also very easy to hook up.

She cost a few bucks but so do wheel chairs and funerals.

Very good point. There is no price too high for safety. As hunters, we spend hundreds, probably thousands of dollars every year on everything from shells, licenses, guns, camo, gas, etc. If we can afford all of these things, we should surely be able to afford a piece of equipment that hopefully we will never need, but if we do, one that will save our lives.

I started using one this year and do feel much safer in the stand. However in past years I only hunted out of permanent stands with Rails and My ladder stand which also has rails. I have been using the Summit one that came with my Goliath. However next year I am going to a vest one that is more comfortable and easier to use. The hard part of my current one is the 5 minutes it takes to put on. Added to my clothes I look forward to one that just clicks. Good purchase for you and I will be too joining you!

Quote:

She cost a few bucks but so do wheel chairs and funerals.

Beautiful!!!!

I wish sporting goods stores could post this sentiment next to the racks full of vests.

I think the scary part of hunting people under-estimate is climbing. That, and hanging the stands. It's so dangerous, and yet harnesses make it really safe and easy. What's the hang up with wearing one? Does it clash with your outfit? I could never understand why people won't protect themselves with this simple step.

Way more people fall out of trees that shoot themselves in the foot.

What a crappy way to die.

I myself have never wore one because it was such a hassle to put one on and use it.Bad,dumb thinking.Now that they have come out with these vest types,although spendy,are a great way to be safe.If one also buys the lineman belt,one can be safer climbing up the tree.

As stated above,guys will spend anything for a new gadget to maybe have a better chance at a deer but the vest they will not as I also did.

Everyone should think of thier family and buy a good harness and use it.Most hunters think as I also did that I will never fall.Who's next to fall as someone will.