• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some backyard birdies

WifeKidsandDog

Close, Buzz. It's either a hermit or a Swainson's thrush, which are close in looks to the ovenbird and inhabit a lot of the same spots. You'll note this bird lacks the rusty orange crown bordered by brown stripes that marks the ovenbird, though sometimes the crown is hard to make out. Without having a look at the flanks and the tail, it's hard to tell definitively from this view which of those two thrushes it is. Hermit thrushes breed close to your area, Swainson's are bogland thrushes that breed up here but are migrating through your area now. If the tail is the same drab color as the back, it's a Swainson's. If it's noticeably rusty colored, it's a hermit.

Hmmm I just checked and I can see them on the home computer just fine. Them dang IS people must have some type of filter in... I'll have to look at them at home I guess. Once again... Nice pictures thanks for sharing. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo