• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which ATV Blade?

Ears

I am buying a plow setup for my 05 Polaris 500 ATP. Polaris makes the razor blade which looks like a straight/v blade combo thing. Is that blade worth the extra $$ or is a straight blade gonna be ok? I plan on using it for my driveway in town, and for ice fishing with the big house.

Ears,

A blade is a blade, isn't it....?

I have a Polaris '05 and the razor blade, LOVE IT!!!

Dad has a '04 and bought the "XXXXX" brand, he won't verbally admit it, but...ha...

Look at the ground clearance of the mount. I can drop the plow, keep the mount on, all year, and have only lost 1/2" or less ground clearance. His, on the other has a large bar that hooks to his receiver hitch, running the length of the unit, big wings that attatch by each front shock, and loses about 4 of 7-8 inches of clearance.

Just one example.

I would spend the money.

I wanted a unit that worked "fluid" with my machine. Others might work.

Brandt

I am going with the polaris lock in ride frame and all, I am just wondering on what actuall blade to get. a 60 straight blade, or the 56 half V/straight blade by polaris. The one thats a combo looks like you can kinda use it like a county plow but get the benifits of a straight blade. Just wondering if anybody has used that blade and found it to be worth the money.

I have the 56 semi-v. It works well for plowing trails on the lake to the house. It is certainly not a "V" plow. It works well for me, as I can plow trails on the lake, or pivot it like a standard (straight) blade...it is your call.

I think it does plow a "path across the lake" (for instance), running it straight, better than the standard blade.

I have 01 54 inch v plow on 500 ho its the tube style mount.LOVE IT.I been looking for new plow for the 06 x2.I was looking at the razor> what do you think about the new mounting system? Looks like most of the weight is on the front end.I watched the video I like the quick install & uninstall.The push tube has mounting in middle of atv and havent had any problems, I am concern about the new system and all weight and force is up front. Any thoughts.

Blgoose

blgoose,

The mounting in the "polaris lock n ride" is a "glorified" plate that runs front to mid machine. If looking at it, the last thing I would be worried about is the weight.

When plowing (for me), traction is the key. The weight on the front of the plow is a "plus", as the plow is less likely to ride up, and clears better.

I bought chains and would not go back. The unit works fine without them, but much better with...

Weigh your options, and enjoy winter....as it is coming soon, ready or not...ha

Brandt

Pike,

I am sure your plow & mount work great...

As I stated "Weigh your options"

I am not sure about your statement though..."the county style plow that i have moves lot more snow in less time that the Polaris plow my neighbor has & with less work"...

Wouldn't that depend on the width & height, angle of the plow, plus traction, surface being plowed, height of the blade/ground, & the competence of the driver... Just something to consider...

Dodge vs. Nissan vs. Toyota vs. Ford vs. Chevy vs. Honda.....

Brandt