• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CV Boot ?

Northland Sportsman

I have an 04 Polaris Sportsman 600 and a stick got wedged up by the CV boot on hte tire side. It didn't tear the boot, but it did push it in and twist it a bit. Also a small amount of grease came out the shaft end. I took the stick out inspected and cleaned the area. Is there anything else I should do? I am not sure if I need to ad grease or take it apart and inspect. I took it out a little bit afterwards and it did not seem to be leaking anymore grease. Any opinions/suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Having replaced a CV boot recently, I am wondering how any grease got out at all? The CV clamps on those boots are extremely tight and I dont' see how any grease could get out unless there was a small tear. You might want to take a good close look just in case.

JEV