• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

14" Crappie's and 9" Greenies

PanfishSeeker

Went out out to a small lake the other day and my cousin and we got into some 14" crappie's! I think my biggest crappie up to this point has been about 11", so that was a huge impovement. We also caught quite a few big green sunfish, and a couple 2lb+ largemouth. All said it was a pretty good day. Next time I'll remember the camera!

We caught them in about 6-8 fow, on minnows and crappie nibbles powerbait(goldrush), using a size 10 red hook for the minnows, and a 1/32 chart. jig w/chart. feather for the powerbait. We fished on the edge of some lily pads off a point. Oh, we had the bobbers set at 4.5 ft.

sorry corey, i guess i didn't answer all your questions, I'm not sure about temp., but when i stepped in it it was NOT warm, and the water was very stained. Example: when i was bringing fish in i couldn't really see then until the were a foot or so under the water surface.