• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bayport WMA

iceman16

can you bowhunt that area. was out there a couple weeks ago snoopin around and got back there aways and had WMA signs but said closed to hunting but the signs at the parking lot said open to hunting from Sept. 1 tell some time in march i think. just wonderin if anyone has bowhunted it.

iceman

I have if you're talking about the WMA I'm thinking about. If it is it's a pretty small one with forest on one side of the road and a cornfield on the other. Anyway it's only open to archery and shotguns with fine shot. I've been meaning to maybe try that place out again this year if it doesn't get hit too hard.

That area has changed recently. What side of the road are you looking at? The ones on the East may be closed more so now as Anderson Windows purchases a bunch of land back there. I know the farmer with the fields. The WMA on the West was still open, untouched. You are talking off of Stagecoach, right?

I just looked it up on the DNR's HSOforum. Its only open to archery and shotguns with shot, NO SLUGS OR RIFLES (incl. .22's)

This is a pretty nice WMA, but it is pretty open. The woods are okay, but they are choked with buckthorn. I was there in the spring while looking around for turkeys.

The no hunting signs you found are there to keep hunters a safe distance from teh development that has popped up on the NE and E sides. You can walk to within 50' of houses and still be on state land.