• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boykin, English cocker question

Big Dave2

Dave

I own 2 Boykins a 16 year old male and a 8 year old female. I have never owned a English Cocker but I have hunted with a couple. I would say that the Boykin is a little slower covering ground in the uplands but a better water retriever, they still are great flushers. Boykin males are bigger than cockers and are available with different coats, curly, wavey and flat. If you get a curly Boykin they are pretty well suited for late season duck hunting, my male would sit out in the open on the front of my boat watching the sky completely covered with ice and was as happy as a dog could be.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Gunner will be 17 this December. I plan on taking him out for duck opener and let him retrieve one or two hopefully and then retire him. It will be sad Gunner has been by far the best dog that I have had.

Thanks for the help with the grass it is looking great again.

Roger