• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mirror Carp

Snagged a ninteen pounder today by accident. Was by myself so the pics I took was just the fish lying on the floor of the boat. Still I placed a 10 inch worm below it and the DT 10 that I snagged it with right on it's side. Unbelievable. Hooked it right in the dorsal fin and then it pulled me around for a while about 10 min or so. I was using a med light set up with 8 lb fireline... I seriously thought I was snagged on something solid until it started pulling drag. I haven't had a fish pull drag like that since 1992 when I caught a 44 lb flathead out of the mn river. Will post a pic sometime this evening after the kids get to bed... until then... Later. What a fight though, Especially since I was targeting Bass.... Wow. grin.gifgrin.gif

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n227/fever24/100_1076.jpg

Here it is. The 19 lb 7 oz freak that I accidentally snagged with the DT 10. I put a ten inch red shad power worm just below the pic to give some idea of the length. Sorry about the quality of the photo. I was by myself and was prefishing for a Bass tourney so I had bigger fish to fry so to speak. Didn't measure it. What an unexepected fight though. FYI for all you carp fisherman... She's still swiming. I had to fight the urges to bring it home and fillet it but Yeah I let it go. grin.gif Oh, the date is incorrect on the pic because my batteries in the digital cam were dead first attempt. I did have spares though.100_1076.jpg

I've caught a couple Mirrors out of the Crow River which feeds the Mississippi north of the cities. Other than that just a few out of the Mpls. lakes when I was a kid. Very cool & rare catch! smile.gif