• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Single or Double Cam

OssyOkaBob

Well, thats a can of worms... I have a couple of 2 cam bows.. and I have a cam.5 or a cam 1/2 but not a solo cam bow. The advantages of a single cam bow is tuning. Straight out they are easier to tune! The advantages with a 2 cam bow is speed...With todays bows, and how fast the solo cam bows are and the cam.5 bows are, I think the easier tuning drew me in. I still have my 2 cam bow for 3D, where speed is everything.

A 2 cam bow usually has a harder "wall" that some people prefer. But that isn't always the case either.

Get out to the shops ans tart to shoot them... you will find one that just "feels" right to you.

Like Dietz said a single cam bow has less parts to adjust and less aprts to fail. They are easier to tune, but conversely, they are less tunable.

A dual cam bow or a cam and ahalf design (I have a Darton cam and a half) and they simply have more adjustability and more tunability. I prefer the multi cam designs for that reason. Nowadays, any of the top of the line bows are done be exactly that, top of the line. The right bow for you is the obe that you shoot best with. Its not like buying a car or boat.

Get out there and shoot as many as you can. Find the designs you like and do well with and then find the one that fits your price range and your style.