• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

That's It! It's time to "Go To the Mattresses"!!!

eyepatrol

Alright, I've had it with the darn mushrooms popping up all over my yard! It's time to "Go To the Mattresses"!!!

So, does anyone know exactly what chemical or whatever I can use to get rid of these gosh darn things? And no, they're not Morels, if they were, I wouldn't be complaining. smirk.gif

Eric

I believe what you need to buy is a very good fungicide.I dont remember what brand name I used for a once a year application for two years.The first year it took care of about 80% and last year the rest.This year no schrooms and two years ago I had a very good crop.Try your local hardware store or a chemical plant like a co-op.I bought it in a aersol can and just sprayed it on.Dont get any on you and I would wear gloves and a face mask so you dont inhale it.The hardware store in Arlington is where I got mine. smile.gif

Maybe I should stop at Agri-Fleet here in town (farm supply store) and see if they have anything. If they don't, I'll be e-mailing you about where you got your stuff.

It's just crazy in my back yard right now. Got back from vacation, mowed the lawn, and in 2 days there were 5 different patches of mushrooms that popped up, with new patches seemingly popping up every other day. mad.gif

Thanks Tom.

Basscatcher -

A couple of questions I've got for you.

Is your backyard real shady??

Also, do you have an irrigation system??

Usually, mushrooms are a result of too much moisture in the ground. I've got a couple of commercial places that water the property so much they have a mushroom problem.

If you have an in ground irrigation system, I'd suggest maybe backing off on it just a hair.

If your back yard is extremely shady, maybe down the road look into clearing a couple of branches out to open up the canopy just a hair more. Not only will it help with the mushrooms, but your grass may grow a little better as well.

I'll find out what the name is for the chemical today when I get a chance, and post it tonight for you, unless someone beats me to it.