• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

and the Herons

Tom Wilson

Too funny, I was just about to do a Heron post and you started one. I might as well just add onto what you've begun. Your Waconia GBH's look like my Lake Minnetonka GBH's... maybe a little less snobby. tongue.gif

gbhhunting24bt.jpg

Very nice Mike,

I wish I had seen some mature birds like the one you posted. All of the herons, I got close to yesterday were juveniles. I only saw a couple of mature birds the whole morning.

I'll take you out on Tonka on the Crestliner and we can go to all those great photo area's on Seton, Emerald, Black Lake and the far west side and you'll get some great photo ops.... that offer goes out to Dan (DBL) and Floating Minnow as well.

Quote:

Thanks for the offer Buzz.I might just take you up on it sometime.I no doubt could learn some things from you guys.

That was a nice thing to say and I appreciate it... truth be told you'd learn more from Tom, DBL and a few others as they have more experience and are very good at explaining things. wink.gif The one thing about these birds is you have to watch the EV as the whites can get over exposed pretty easily in the bright sunlight... I was changing around my settings a bit... some worked out better than others... you can't always do that if your subject is flying away vs sitting still.

We shall hook up buzz, and don't slight yourself, you have as much knowledge as most to share or you would not be shooting the quality photos you have shown us.