• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any good shore fishing opportunities on Bitter Lake. I will be driving through the area tomorrow night and am interested in fishing Bitter because I never have before. Any info on location or tactics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Kyle, welcome to HSO. Nice to see you on here. Bitter is a diverse lake and at this time of the year, fish from shore might be tough.

Weeds. Weeds. Weeds.. You'll have to find an area with a steep dropoff right next to shore, or you'll likely have weeds to deal with. Weeds also work against you in another way. Often times fish will move to midlake humps and weedlines out on the main lake making shorefishing tough.

On the North end, basically right on the South edge of Waubay (the town) there is a area where a farmer has llamas, goats, and other wacky animals. Just to the East of that I've seen people park and walk towards the lake (South) and fish a rocky point. You'll probably want to ask permission from that farmer as I would guess you have to cross private land.

Toss out shallow diving cranks or even floating cranks and you should at least see some northern activity and potentially some eyes.

The Grenville grade on Waubay would be another option. Good Luck

Thanks Tyler

Yeah I have fished the Grade before and have always had success. I just wasn't planning on keeping any fish this time and I think if I went up there I would be too tempted to bring one or two home. I also want to learn a little more about Bitter as I have heard its a good lake and I have never fished it before. Hopefully I will have a little success tomorrow night, I've been itchin to catch some slimers too. Thanks again